How are online organizers using Instagram to build power online? If you have teenagers or tweens, you know that young people are all over this one. But they aren’t alone. A range of experienced online organizers using Instagram in their work will share examples and the best practices they’ve picked up, including:
- Who is using Instagram, and why?
- What is it best for? How does it complement other channels like Facebook and Twitter?
- What are some ways groups are using it in campaigns?
- How to build up your following?
- What’s the minimum time and resources needed to use it effectively?
- Lots more
Organizers who will be sharing their experience:
- Jamiah Adams, former Senior Director of Digital Media at the NAACP
- Shana DeClercq, Community Engagement Manager, The Story of Stuff Project
- Kathy Plate, Online Communications Director, UltraViolet
- Alexa Tomassi, Social Media Manager, Sandy Hook Promise
- Brian Tierney, Project Manager, Teamsters Union (IBT)
- Kristina Villarini, Digital Engagement Manager, Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
Published April 2016
145 registrants as of August 2017